Sunday 6 April 2014

Running Away?


Running Away?


What! You want to run away?
Run away with me?
That's just you and me- I think I see.
It's what you want, it'll make you feel free? 
Oh, what do I say?
It's a great idea any way, but I hope it isn't today.

But what will our good friends and family think, or say?
We need to talk about where we will go and who needs to know. 
But if we run away, if they find out later and we forgot to tell them? NO WAY!!
Guess what, you'll need to work and earn money, Honey.
I bet you haven't told your mother!
We can't pay all the bills just by having each other. 

What? You decided for Scotland? But that's way too far, even by car. 
Well I've decided, I've got way too much that I'll miss here,
Don't be sad and please don't think I'm bad. 
I'm NOT running away, it'll all work out in the end, 
Might as well tell you now, 
I'm shagging your best friend. 



Chris.                              


3 comments:

  1. Well done Chris, a slightly different take on the theme! Clearly you find rhyme comes fairly naturally and your ideas obviously appeal to you in comic verse. To develop your style it would be good to see more attention to the rhythm of your verse. Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally! Is that what you said, about the syllables? (I need reminding please- thank you!)

      Delete
  2. Hi Chris, I've replied via email with some examples. Let me know if you need more examples or do not get the email. S

    ReplyDelete