Friday 10 May 2013

Peach light

I saw peach light flow
Into sparkling silver brook
To run twinkling
Between earth and air
To nourish life there
With the fruit of the sun.

I saw clouds tumble roughly
Over rough hewn hill,
Drenching and quenching
With precious liquid,
Sustaining broker,
The source of life.

I saw limpid waves
Flow in silken grass,
To climb trees and rustle leaves
And dry the earth.
To lift the source
That it might fall again.

I saw flowers bloom of every hue.
Whose natural wisdom
Made one red and
The other one blue?
One living God comprising all.
Beauty, good and evil too.

I saw you there.
Of sun’s sweet nectar,
Earth’s rich texture
And sky’s cool moisture.
Stroked by the gentle hand of wind.
One living creature, one seamless creation.



David

3 comments:

  1. This is my favorite of the four poems you have posted here, David. There are some really nice images in the first three verses. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it hard to comment on poetry as it always feels so personal. Why pick holes in a vision? Thta said this has a lovely rhythm and conveyed some wonderful images. Like a much better version of 'All things bright and beautiful'! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eat your heart out Louis Armstrong!(or Thiele & Weiss) This was beautiful.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete