Friday 27 September 2013

I Don’t Know


I don’t know how to tell a joke,
About a girl who knew a bloke.

I don’t know when it all began,
Her name was Liz and his was Dan,
Friends tried to say but no one can
Exactly when it all began.

I don’t know who they thought they were
The girl with him and him with her
And did they even really care
That what they did was just not fair.

I don’t know what was in his head,
Apart from tits and sex and bed,
And did he think about his wife,
And how this ‘fun’ would wreck his life?
(He could have bought a garden shed
And read a girly mag instead!)

I don’t know why he felt the need
To play away and sow his seed
With someone who he hardly knew
Who may have herpes, thrush or flu,
Who wouldn’t sew or clean or cook
And prob’ly never read a book

I don’t know where it all went wrong
Or whether it went on for long
But when the sex and lust grew thin
He decided she was rather dim.
And then he thought about his wife
And what meant more to him in life...

BUT…

I DO know I don’t want him back,
From husband role he’s had the sack.
He’s had his way, now that’s for sure,
The exit’s there, he’s shown the door.
So now there’s just the dog and me
And there’s a reason now you’ll see
I don’t know how to tell a joke,
About a girl who knew a bloke!


1 comment: