Tuesday 5 March 2013

I did tell you.



I did tell you.

I told you, the longer you left it, the harder it would be.
I’m wondering now, if then, you ever did listen to me.
You may have forgotten I ever told you,
time will tell, we will see.

I can wait, not that you currently know,
but I’ve worked, prepared, and created lots, behind the scenes.
It’s kept me busy, but to you I could not show.
When the time is right, not exactly sure how long that will be,
all will fall into place, and then you will eventually see.

I’m sure you aren't aware of any of my work, some things I did have been just a waste,
sometimes just a thought, maybe, just in haste.
But some things, (after thinking) you would like, I have bought,
but I think you have no knowledge of what I have done, yet,
not a single thought.

But I often think of you, more than you know,
I often look at pictures of you, with me also,
and think of the things we did, and the good times we had,
but now, the times are not as good, but it’s not all bad.
I think you enjoy most of the times you have now,
but I hope I’m somewhere in your memory, I will eventually ask you how.    
I do wonder where you might be now and what you do and who you see,
it was never, ever your fault,
and, believe it or not, neither was it me.

Sometimes I feel as if you are near,
sometimes, in my mind, your voice I can hear,
but, sometimes, I think you are far, I fear.  

I need to go now, I hope you’ll understand,
but sometime in the future, I can again hold your hand.
We can talk, walk and live like we used to,
all the hard work I have done, worth it all, it will be,
then you and I, again, will be happy.

I am ready for that now, I just wish you were too,
in your heart you should know,
but I need to tell that to you. 



Chris.

4 comments:

  1. Who is it about?
    Anybody you know, or have known.
    It’s NOT just for me, it’s for everybody.
    Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris, this was a thoughtful read. Preferred it to your previous one as could tell, like you say, that it was written from the heart. I'm always a little wary of rhyming poems as it can mean that the content becomes a little contrived. But you did a great job. What I would really like to see next is you channeling some of the pain and reflection touched upon in this piece into a piece of prose. It doesn't have to be autobiographical – although most people's work is, whether they realise it or not! Glad the group is inspiring you. BG

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, this was your best piece so far, I enjoyed the quiet reflectiveness coupled with an underlying yearning. I agree with Beth, it would be good too see you develop this theme in prose. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all 'poemed' out. I knew this one was special, as it was being written.
    Thanks to you both, but I need to know, to find out, or get advice on prose and how to write it.
    Chris.

    ReplyDelete